Play Everyday with Your Kids and Discovery Toys

Thursday, May 25, 2006

What I will do to keep my kids entertained?!

Sometimes I amaze myself with my creativity. Sometimes I amaze my self with my ingenuity. Sometimes I amaze myself with my just plain craziness! Once in a while I try to get something accomplished for my business in the morning. I am not sure what I am thinking since it never seems to work but I keep trying anyway. Crazy? I know, but I do it anyway always hoping for a miracle.

Just the other day I was trying to do this crazy thing. I wanted to write an email to encourage my team memebers who were doing awsome with their business this month. Of course, my 2 year old is awake. Why can't he sleep in instead of the 4 year old who can be completely mesmorized by Dora the Explorer for 20 minutes? Enough dreaming of a perfect world. Okay, my 2 year old is up and of course sitting on my lap while I am trying to type. If his fingers are not trying to pound on the keys then his toes are. The night before my husband played this video called "Crazy Frog" that he found on the internet for my kids. It is this crazy, but quite catchy, combination of beeps and bing, bings from an annoying frog and Axel F. Well, in desperation I played it for my son. He loved it! He was glued to the screen and not my keys. I had stumbled on to something great. When It ended I quickly played it again. After the third time I had to find something different. I scoured Google video for other free videos for kids. I came across the "Elephant Song" and a vegetable song by Eric Herman and of course the "Hamster Dance". Wow!! Now I have four different things to keep him entertained. I , of course have to listen multiple times also but who cares!! I can type in peace. Woohoo!! 15 minutes of this craziness and I am done. Mission Accomplished for the morning. Oh no! My 4 year old just woke up and saw the end of the last one. One more time for him and then we can run away from this computer for a while. Ahh, the sweet smell of success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home